When is JAMB Mock Exam Starting 2024?
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) oversees the conduct of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), a pivotal computer-based test for candidates aspiring to gain admission into various higher education institutions in Nigeria. This examination encompasses four subjects, chosen based on the candidates’ preferred field of study.
In addition to the main UTME, JAMB organizes a mock examination, providing a valuable opportunity for candidates to acquaint themselves with the exam setting and evaluate their preparedness. Although participation in the mock exam is optional, it comes highly recommended for those aiming to gauge their readiness for the actual test.
This article will address common inquiries regarding the JAMB mock exam for 2024, covering aspects such as:
- Registration process for the JAMB mock exam
- Scheduled date for the JAMB mock exam
- Advantages of participating in the JAMB mock exam
- Procedure for accessing JAMB mock exam results
Registration for the JAMB Mock Exam
Enrollment for the JAMB mock exam requires candidates to first complete their UTME registration via the JAMB portal. The registration period for the 2024 UTME is slated from January 14th to February 26th, 2024. During this process, candidates must express their willingness to partake in the mock exam, with eligibility limited to those who register promptly and indicate interest.
A registration fee of One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (₦1,500) is associated with the mock exam and can be paid at recognized JAMB CBT centres or selected banks, including but not limited to Access Bank, Ecobank, and First Bank.
Participants will be allocated a CBT centre in their chosen locality and will receive a slip detailing the mock exam’s date, time, and venue. It’s imperative to print this slip and bring it alongside the UTME registration slip to the exam centre.
JAMB Mock Exam Date
The mock examination is scheduled for Thursday, March 7th, 2024, across accredited JAMB CBT centres nationwide, beginning at 7 am. There may be multiple sessions based on the registrant count, and candidates are advised to arrive at their designated centres at least 30 minutes before their exam.
Benefits of the JAMB Mock Exam
Engaging in the mock exam offers several advantages:
- Acquaintance with the UTME format and environment, enhancing familiarity with the question display, navigation, and time management.
- Identification of strengths and areas needing improvement in the chosen subjects, aiding in focused study.
- Boosted confidence and reduced exam anxiety, providing insights into the actual UTME expectations.
- Opportunity to learn from mistakes, with access to correct answers and JAMB feedback post-exam.
Checking JAMB Mock Exam Results
The results from the mock exam will be available a few days post-examination. Candidates can check their scores on the JAMB website by inputting their registration number or email. The mock exam’s outcome is solely for the candidate’s benefit and does not influence the actual UTME score or admission prospects.
- Is the mock exam mandatory?
- No, it’s optional but recommended for better exam preparation.
- Will the mock exam score impact my UTME score?
- No, it’s for personal assessment only.
- Can I alter my course or institution post-mock exam?
- Yes, provided the portal for changes remains open, with a fee of ₦2,500 for modifications.
- Where can I find study resources for the mock exam?
- The JAMB portal offers syllabi and recommended textbooks for each subject.
- What if I face technical issues during the mock exam?
- Report any issues to the invigilator for immediate resolution or to potentially reschedule your exam.
This guide aims to navigate the JAMB mock exam for 2024 effectively. For further queries or comments, feel free to engage in the discussion below. We wish every candidate success in their mock exam and the main UTME.