2019 is already looking to be quite competitive for Smartphone brands in Nigeria. We are about to have a lot of them vie for your attention this year, and guys, I am here for it 😁!
Now, a global player has also set its sights on Nigeria and according to my sources, OPPO Mobile is planning to go head to head with companies like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei in Nigeria.
For a bit of background knowledge, OPPO is a leading global consumer electronics and mobile communication company. In 2018, Oppo was ranked as the number 4 smartphone, according to IDC, only after Samsung, Huawei, Apple, and Xiaomi:
They are specifically known for their innovative smartphones.
Remember this one?
OPPO Mobile’s major aim has been to focus more on manufacturing camera phones while innovating mobile photography technology breakthroughs. For example, they pioneered the era of Selfie beautification and also introduced the first ever motorized rotating camera. But back to the Nigerian market, one of the products OPPO has quietly launched in Nigeria is the OPPO A3s:
A 3GB RAM mid-range device that cost about N69,000 on Jumia. As far as other specifications are concerned, you have:
- 13+2 MP Dual rear camera and an 8 MP front camera
- 6.2-inch) HD (🧐) capacitive touchscreen display with 1520×720 pixels and 19:9 aspect ratio
- 32GB storage expandable up to 256GB
- Dual SIM (nano+nano) with dual standby (4G+4G)
- Android v8.1 Oreo-based on Color OS 5.1 operating system
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
- Battery: 4230 mAH lithium-ion battery
Now with this spec sheet and others from devices like the Find X, R11, R15, and the OPPO F7, do you think OPPO has what it takes to win your hearts and your money?